Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

77 Days

At the suggestion of my BFF, I've committed to the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront (Half) Marathon on October 14th.  If I tell people, I'll feel accountable (or so I'm told).

So, I have 77 days to train my body and mind that I can once again run 21.1kms.  My running efforts this season have been lacking but now I have no choice.  I'm committed.  I'm gonna do it.

Unfortunately, this likely means that I won't be walking in the Weekend to End Women's Cancers this September.  I was training for this same half marathon last year but the walk absolutely destroyed my hips & feet and I just couldn't recover in time.  I knew that if I did it, I'd likely do permanent damage.

I'll be heading out tomorrow for a 10km run.  I hope I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment