Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Week One Done

I'm pretty sure I kicked ass in the eating & running department this week.  Yay!

Training this week was as follows:

Sunday:  7km (I decided against the 10km to avoid potential injury)
Tuesday:  4km
Wednesday:  2.5km
Thursday:  5km
Friday:  3km (Skipped today's rest day and ran Saturday's run because we're away for the weekend)
Saturday:  10km (not yet run...  obviously...  but I've got it scheduled for the early morning)

Since Sunday, I've run a grand total of 21.5km.  I'm still working hard to find my groove and it takes a good 2km before my legs feel loose enough to maintain a good pace.  I'm still slow in the pace department but I'm trying to remind myself that "slow and steady wins the race" and that the important part is that I'm out there pounding the pavement.

I've got a long way to go but like my BFF said, I am COMMITTED.  I really want this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment