Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Friday, February 11, 2011

So Uninspired.

I hate meal planning. Actually, I don't but lately, I really do. I have no motivation to meal plan each week and feel like I make the same things over and over and over again. I can never think of what I want to make and I'm finding all of my cookbooks less than inspiring.

Lately, I'm trying to pay attention to our grocery bill and keep it in check, which means I have no choice but to meal plan. Not necessarily for budget reasons, I've also been trying to cook more meatless meals. It has made little to NO impact on how much I spend each week.

Meal planning also makes for a few easy hours of advance preparation on a Sunday afternoon, which obviously makes the work week a bit easier. I can usually have one or two meals ready to go and waiting in the fridge or freezer. I've consistently been baking a batch of muffins each weekend as well so those make for quick snacks or breakfasts for D & I.

Regardless, I'm so bored and fed up with meal planning. Maybe I need a new cookbook or some new magazines but I really need more tasty, quick and straightforward (because I'm all about these 3 things now that I've got a toddler and am pulling in a 40+ hour week) recipes to add to the rotation.

Meh.

1 comment:

  1. go down to the library and borrow some cookbooks! i've found this has helped me in determining which ones are actually great staples (to buy) for my own kitchen. order the books you want online, get them delivered to your nearest branch (down the street!) and bob's your uncle.. or um... something like that.

    Good luck, i know it can't be easy to do - this crazy balancing act, otherwise known as life with job & family.

    ReplyDelete