Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Careless Driving

Despite being told it'll take a good 8 months before hearing back from the courts, I received notice of my court date for my December 5th car accident today.

May 2nd at 10:30am. Ugh.

In my head, I was thinking 8 months for notice plus another 4-6 months for the court date. This timeline translated to more time before having to pay a lawyer, pay (hopefully reduced due to said lawyer) fines and pay completely inflated car insurance. Ugh.

Instead, I'll fax my notice to the lawyer tomorrow & pay the retainer. I'll cross my fingers and hope he works his magic and my charge is reduced (not a chance it will be dropped) and that it takes forever to make it's way to the insurance broker. Wishful thinking?!

I feel sick thinking about having to even attend court and about the money we're about to see fly out the window. I keep reminding myself that we are so lucky that nobody was hurt but some 2 months after the fact, I'm giving myself permission to be annoyed by this accident. Yes, I'm annoyed by the cost factor but also, I am going to forever second guess my driving. I was a backseat driver before and now I'm horrible. I am petrified on highways as a driver AND passenger. I keep driving (and being driven) on them because I have no other choice and I'm hoping I'll get better with time.

Honestly, I thank my lucky stars every single day that we are okay. I will never forget that day and watching (and reliving it in my head) M through the rearview mirror was the scariest moment ever but thank God, we are okay. Perhaps a bit melodramatic but I'm entitled.

Phew. Big sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment