Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Ketchup!

Last week was my first 100% 5-day spend $0 week. Woohoo! I haven't bought a tea, coffee or lunch in over 3 weeks and I'm happy to say that I am noticing a difference (in the bank account, not the waistline).

Runs? Zero. Blah.

Random...

Watching Hoarders makes me want to purge our house. Badly. It makes me want to get organized and STAY organized. How is it possible that we have so much stuff? And why is it so hard to get rid of stuff? I'm pretty good with moving past the whole 'might need it one day' thing and getting rid of it -- recycling it, throwing it out, donating, etc. Yet, I don't feel like we ever make decent progress. I'm convinced the only way to truly purge & organize is to move. Moving isn't an option (sorry, D, no starter home in Forest Hill just yet) so I guess we just have to put our heads down and be ruthless.

I'm obsessed with making lasagne. I made my first one (veggies only) a few weeks ago and yesterday, I whipped up a traditional meaty lasagne with a veggie twist (a grated carrot, zucchini & mushroom layer).

I've never been a big fan of Hallowe'en. I don't do costumes and I wouldn't say I love handing out candy to kids that are too old & not wearing costumes. D is convinced our house will be covered with egg & toilet paper one day from my cunning questioning of said kids. That said, I'm excited this year because we will be taking M trick or treating for the first time. We'll go to 3 or 4 houses and he will love it. I'll enlist his help to hand out candy, too. We're also doing a little Hallowe'en party for M & his friends next Saturday so I'm pretty excited to see our friends and let the kids play, costumes & all.

So, yeah... that's my update. Off I go to find 10 things to donate & 10 things to toss. Obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment