Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fail & Win

I spoke too soon.  When I posted about my first run of 3 on May 15th, I was perhaps feeling overly ambitious.  That was my first and last run that week.  I have many excuses but none of them too valid.

But...

I made up for it this week!  I ran on Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.  I'm incredibly out of shape and I know this because my pace is completely off.  It's taking me way too long to complete a km but slow and steady wins the race, right?  I didn't do any great distances (between 3-5km) but I managed a collective 12.5km for the week.  It's definitely a start.

I'm planning a run tomorrow and I'm hyping myself up for a 6-8km distance.  I'm away at a retreat for work from Monday until Wednesday night so I'll already be behind for the week.  I'll have to squeeze in two short runs just to keep up with my personal challenge.

Not a clue what my weight is right now and I don't want to know.  Definitely know I'm not where I should be but my clothes are fitting and I'm sort of feeling confident in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment