Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Are you a 10?

2012 marks the 10th year of the Weekend to End Women's Cancers in Toronto, which has raised over $120 million benefitting The Princess Margaret Hospital.

After being approached (read: coerced & bullied) by fellow co-workers, I approached (read: coerced & bullied) my BFF at work into doing the walk with me & joining the company team.  Despite the revolting blood blisters on my heels and hips that clickity-clacked more than M's Thomas train set for weeks (or months) onwards, it was worth it.  It was so so SO worth it.  It's gut wrenching and motivating and tearjerking and inspiring and tiring and empowering all rolled up into a tight ball of goodness.

Last year, I walked in memory of D's mom who we lost in March 2011 after a very short battle with ovarian cancer.  I walked for & with everyone who has had to go what she did or faced that battle.  I walked for D and M so they don't ever have to know what it feels like to live through that again.  I walked for ME because I'll be damned if any of these cancers are going to affect my family again.

I'll be walking again this year and I'm prepared.  My feet will be covered in Bodyglide and I'll have tissues at the ready.  I'm ready for the tears & the laughs and a good solid time with friends & co-workers.  I'm ready to do my part for research & support.  This year, I am a 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment