Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Purge!

As usual, I got myself all worked up over nothing this morning and basically pitched a fit about the messy laundry counter, which morphed into a rant about our storage spaces (or lack thereof) in the basement before moving into a full-on freak out about mess, clutter and everything we have that we simply don't need that is taking up valuable space throughout the house.

We have all these mini projects started but not yet finished as well as a tonne of things on our wish list. I really want to live in a house that is free of clutter and where all our things have a proper home.

So, I got the itch today and started purging. I attacked our master bedroom closet first and managed to get two big bags of clothes ready for drop-off at Value Village (already dropped off so they aren't in the way) and then moved on to our spare bedroom, which is where everything that doesn't have a home ends up. I've got two bags full of garbage that we'll get rid of this week, a huge box of recycling and I'm on the way to having a free closet in there. I also managed to pull everything out of our yet unfinished hallway closet so it is empty when we line the contractors up next month.

I'll carry on tomorrow with the master bathroom (way too many toiletries) and M's room. The main floor is a big task but hopefully D & I can plug away at that together. It's arduous but so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment