Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Two Years Ago Today...

Excuse me while I wax poetic for a few...

Two years ago today, my water broke at 4:30am. At noon, my contractions started while D & I shopped for a barbecue at Home Depot and when I told him what was going on, I pretty much had to scrape him off the floor. At 3:30pm-ish, we headed to the hospital and I will never forget those contractions along Gerrard Street when it felt like each one coincided with a red light. After a good hour of loitering by a candy machine in triage, we finally got a room at 5pm-ish and we found out I was only 3cm dilated. Shortly thereafter, we found out M was posterior (hence, the back labour) and we ordered the epidural. By the time it was in at 7pm, I was 7cm. Fast forward to 8:30pm and I was 10cm. Time to push!

At 8:37pm, my amazing son was born. D & I are so lucky and to this day, I'm pretty sure we both look at this kid and wonder what we did to deserve him. He is our everything and all that we do is guided by his sweet self. Love.

I love this little guy more than anything in the world. When I hold him in my arms, I want to squish him. A good squish but man alive, a good squish. I can't get enough of the looks, the laughs and the random things he says to us. We are so blessed to have such a sweetie in our lives.

So, cheers little buddy! Happy 2nd birthday! You light up our lives and it is your light that we follow day by day. Love to M!

No comments:

Post a Comment