Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Productive Sundays!

Maybe I'm back to having my relatively productive Sunday routine?

Got up early this morning and made a pasta sauce with smoked proscuitto for the freezer followed by mac & cheese (with smoked gouda) for tomorrow night's dinner as well as homemade granola (will post the recipe as it's low sugar/oil & delicious) PLUS prepped for tonight's dinner of breaded tilapia, brown rice, cabbage & carrots. Um, phew... and this was all done before 10am!

I'm still having my insane aversion to meat (no, not pregnant) and basically cannot buy anything I see at the grocery store. I'll hit up Rowe Farms later this week to grab us a few staples. Ironically enough, I still managed to spend $140 without purchasing any true form of protein.

This aversion is driving me CRAZY! I pretty much can't look at meat without almost throwing up and the thought of any sort of preparation makes me cringe. I had an big aversion to chicken when I was pregnant with M and could buy it but not touch, prepare, cook or eat it. I got over it (sort of) once he was born. In the past 2 months or so, I'm happy to admit that our meatless versus meaty meals have increased but we're at the point where few meals involve meat. I need to either be prepared to offer more alternative protein sources (no soy) or get my hands & head back in the game. So far, butcher or market meat makes sense. We'll see...

Granola recipe will be posted tomorrow... g'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment