Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bain Avenue

6km sandwiched between two days of good ol' bootcamp! Well, one of those days is yet to happen but it will.

I read an article last night about training for a half marathon in 8 weeks. I just need to commit to 3 10km runs during the week and a 15-18km run on the weekend. I'm committed to bootcamp twice a week until August and even then, I was planning on doing the next session. At some point I need to decide what I want to do because not only do I need a rest day physically, I can't shirk all responsibility at home. I don't want to run too late or when it is dark, especially if I'm doing greater distances.

Right now, my gut is telling me to do the half-marathon. Whenever I start out on a run, I feel like I run weird & stiff for at least the first 2km and tonight was no different. I started thinking that my legs just won't be able to do it but once I got into the run, I wanted to keep going and it (once again) made me realize that I'm better at long distances. The little runs are great for stretching and getting out there but I feel best when I'm doing 10km plus.

The run isn't until October 16th and I've got until the 10th of that same month to sign up. I think the best thing to do is consult with a new pair of running shoes and see what they think I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment