Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

32E

Yes, that's my bra size sitting up there. Big & bold... both the title & the subject.

My chest & I have had a long love-hate relationship. It's actually more a tolerate-hate sort of thing but after many years & a breast reduction, I'm comfortable with my size. After many years of struggling with (worse) body image and clothing woes, I made the decision to have a breast reduction right before I turned 30. I went from a 36F to a full 34C and LOVED it. I walked taller, stood straighter, grew confidence and generally felt better about myself. I knew the implications and was okay with them. I knew I likely wouldn't be able to breastfeed (I didn't) and that if I had children, I'd run the risk of going up in size. Well, I did.

I recently went for my first bra fitting since the one I had shortly after having M. 32E. I was pretty down for a few days because I didn't realize that I'd gotten huge again but really, they just aren't that big. Are they?!?!

Anyway, the whole point of this post is about sports bras. I've ALWAYS worn Shock Absorber bras. They strap 'em in & down and they work. I've always been reluctant to try anything other than my faithful Shock Absorber bras until recently, when I decided to give Lululemon's Ta Ta Tamer II a try.

Love it.

Seriously, I love it. I wasn't so sure when I wore it at bootcamp for the first time. But then I tried it for a few more classes and I've now run in it twice. Love it. Tonight, I wore my old faithful to bootcamp and I hated it. I felt like I wasn't supported and old faithful just felt uncomfortable.

The bonus? Lululemon's bra is WAY cheaper than what I ever paid for my Shock Absorbers. At $58, I think I need to get this puppy in a few other colours. As for sizing, I'm comfortably wearing a 34D.

Just knowing I'm wearing a smaller size is a bit of a bonus! I know, I know... it's not about the number but let's be honest here, it's all about the size.

No comments:

Post a Comment