Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bah Humbug.

Pretty sure I posted a similar title and post last year (and the year before and and and). Yeah, I have next to no Christmas spirit this year. I'm swamped at work and barely swimming and meanwhile, I'm mentally checking out. I'm tired, drained and quite simply, my brain just can't put it together. I got an email tonight from a consultant around 10pm and I think I said "huh?" 43 times while reading it. I just couldn't compute and will have to deal with it in the morning. Meanwhile, my consultants are obviously busting their butts to meet a January deadline (obvious by the late email) and my faculties are MIA so I can't even register what's a question or a statement.

I'm not done my Christmas shopping and feel unprepared this year. I didn't really have many to buy for but those on my list are damn difficult to please. I have a few last minute things to pick up and hopefully I can square that away tomorrow. It's my thing to refuse to shop on Christmas Eve.

Our fridge is EMPTY save for ground flax, maple syrup, cherry tomatoes, carrots and one lone hunk of gouda. Oh and a whole lot of condiments that are probably close to walking out on their own. Needless to say, I need to meal plan & shop in a bad way.

I just found out that I have to bring dessert to a relatively last minute Boxing Day function. Give me savoury any day and I will cook my little heart out. I only really tolerate baking now and do it as a means to the muffin... and the odd time I'll bake a loaf or cookies. The thought of baking dessert is horrifying to me and I just don't want to do it. I don't want to plan it, shop for it or bake it. Can't I just bring green beans?!

Anyway, I feel like time is flying and I'm just sort of skimming through my days and weeks and months. I don't feel grounded with my family so I'm looking forward to some good times with my boys (and my golden girl) over the holidays. A few days at home are sure to do me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment