Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday

So I followed up last week's 12km run with a chiro appointment & lazy 4km the next night before promptly taking 4 days off.  FAIL.  I got back out on Monday evening and pushed myself to run 15km!  It was HARD.  Really hard.  So hard that when the girl on my iPod announced that I had 4km to go, I screamed 'fuck off' to no one in particular at the intersection of Leslie & Lakeshore.

I've been really feeling it in my body since that run.  My left ankle feels a bit like it's got some bone-on-bone action and my right knee aches.  I feel old & out of shape.  Anyway, it is what it is and I just need to keep training.  I've got 6 more weeks to go and in those 6 weeks, I need to add 6 more kilometres to my longest route to date.

I met up with a friend tonight and did a 5km loop.  It was so nice to run with someone but definitely challenging to keep up a conversation while running.  Just something I'm not used to but something I'd like to practice.

Tomorrow's schedule calls for 5km and I'm hoping to get out at lunch to do it.  I need to spend some solid time at home in the evening tomorrow to get a few things accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment