Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School

My kid is barely past 3 and doesn't officially start school for another year.  He just graduated to Senior Preschool and in his eyes, it's the shit because he's in the bigger classroom and back with a few of his older friends...  you know, January babies and such.  Meanwhile, I'm completely freaking out about where the F we are are going to send him to school next year.

Seriously.

This is the stuff that is clouding my mind and keeping me up at night.  I can't stop obsessing about it and now D & I are coming up with ridiculous schemes to get us into areas with better schools.  Moving, private school, Catholic (um...  neither of us are practicing and heck, I'm not even Catholic but if it's a better school...) and using a friend's address are just many of the insane ideas filling our heads.

Why on earth are we such over-achievers when it comes to our 3 year old's future schooling?!  At the end of the day, I want him to learn in a welcoming environment under the tutelage of a teacher like my BFF (unfortunately, we can't get him into her awesome school) and I just want him to have friends and be a nice little boy.  Sigh.

Am I really going to obsess about this for the next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment