Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Desperate Times = Desperate Measures?

Sort of.  But not really.

On Friday night, I signed up for 3 months of Weight Watchers.  What?!  I wasn't even drunk!  Anyway, I had to guess my weight because at 9pm on a Friday, there was no way I was getting on a scale so I entered 150lbs.  On Sunday, I hesitantly stepped on the scale and found that I *only* weighed 138lbs.  Phew.

My ultimate goal?  125lbs.  My realistic goal?  130lbs.  God, I'd love to be (and STAY) under 130lbs but I just don't know how realistic that is for me.

I created a new amazeballs 100 track running playlist to motivate me to get out and pound the pavement.  Tonight, I did just that and went for a brisk 4.5km.  I hate winter running so I'm not going to set a minimum amount of kilometers to run but I will aim to get out twice a week.  Reasonable.

This Friday is my next weigh in and I'm not expecting miracles but I am expecting some sort of give.  Anything.  I'll take what I can get.  For true.  I know the last 10lbs is supposed to be hard so I know it's not just going to fall off.  If I could be around 134lbs by my birthday at the end of this month, I'd be happy.  My next milestone would be 128lbs by M's birthday in early April.  125lbs by June?  Yes, please!

Anyway, counting points is sort of addictive and I'm digging the fact that I can still eat things like popcorn with butter (salted...  yum!) and have wine & beer.  I am (as usual) starting my new year off by scaling back (waaaaaay back) and cutting out the alcohol for a bit or really limiting myself to when out with friends or for a special occasion.  You know, keeping it clean.  Or attempted to anyway.

So?  Stay tuned.  I'll post a weigh in update on Friday.  Fingers crossed it's a positive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment