Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pet Peeves.

I have lots of pet peeves.  Almost too many (if you were to ask D) but in general, lots of things bug me.  As of late, here is just a taste of what's getting on my nerves...


  1. People who constantly thank their spouse on FB or Twitter for doing simple things like making dinner or putting the kids to bed.  They're your SPOUSE -- not your employer.  They are a parent.  It is their responsibility to do that stuff.
  2. And on that note, if your spouse requires such constant reassurance and recognition, I'd flag that as weakness and that in itself bugs me.
  3. Whining.  From children or adults.  Co-workers, too.
  4. People that hold doors to busy restaurants wide open during the winter while they peek in to see whether or not it's worth coming in to wait for a table.  Shut the f*cking door!  
  5. Lego hats.  Everywhere but where they should be -- on Lego men heads.
  6. Picking food up off the floor.  This was C's job.  Having to do it myself just makes me sad and annoyed.  More sad than annoyed but still...
  7. The sound of winter boots smacking & shuffling on the sidewalk behind me.  Pick up your feet!  Flip flop wearers (yes, I am one but I consider myself a courteous flip flopper) get lumped in with this one, too.
  8. Co-workers who come to your desk and acknowledge that you're eating your lunch yet continue to talk talk talk and demand enough attention that you have to stop what you're doing to go elsewhere when it isn't even urgent.
  9. People who talk to me before I've even taken off my coat when I get to work.  
  10. Line ups at Shoppers Drug Mart.  You have a hundred cash stations yet one person working and a line wrapping around the store.  Why?!
Over and out...  

No comments:

Post a Comment