Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Daycare

M and I had our first visit to his new daycare last week and it was a success! After a few minutes of chatting with the girls working in his infant room, I put him down on the floor and wandered around with one of them for a tour of the room. He sat quietly for a few minutes before beginning to explore without me! For a good 20 minutes, I was nowhere near him and he was totally content. Maybe this will be a bit easier than I thought?

The visit also made me realize that I'm glad with some of the decisions we made when M was small. We were lucky that we had an easy baby and we always followed his cues but now that we're nearing the time that he'll be in daycare, I think much of our hard work will pay off. It was important to us that he learn to put himself to sleep (when he was ready) and he can do this without any issue. We wanted him to sleep independently in his crib and again, we moved him out of our room when he was ready and it was a success. I've never pushed him to take naps on my schedule and he weaned himself fairly recently from 3 to 2 naps a day but again, we read his signs and put him down when he lets us know.

During my first few hours at the daycare, I was amazed by how much the 3 girls working in the room catered to each of the baby's individual needs. There were two kids that ONLY nap (at their parent's request) in their car seats and others that needed to be rocked to sleep in a stroller. The girls were able to multi-task this all while playing with the others, singing constantly and prepping for the next thing on the list. Not one child was left out and they were all getting quality attention. I left there feeling like M will fit in, enjoy himself and be loved.

My little guy is growing up. 3 more sleeps until his 1st birthday!

1 comment:

  1. yay Max for being better (lower maintenance) than the other babies! He'll be their fav for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete