Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good Morning!

I am not a morning person. At all. I hate nothing more than being told to get up. I'm not kidding when I say those two words hold all the power to either make it a good or a bad day for me. I'm not one of those people who can't function until they've had their coffee but please don't try to start a conversation with me first thing in the morning.

I'd almost rather have my toenails pulled off with pliers than be told to wake up so I can understand how it must be annoying to have me say it over and over to D. It's actually funny how those two words can garner such a hostile response in the mornings.

I set my alarm to go off 15 minutes before D's and then do this annoying 'wake up' routine as I press the snooze button. I feel like I need to constantly remind him of the time and eventually, after about 30 minutes of this, I ask him what he's doing or what his plans are in terms of getting up. I'm almost always greeted with a disgruntled "I'm getting up, okay?!" as he sluggishly gets out of bed.

Now that I'm on mat leave with M, I don't sleep in at all. He wakes pretty early, which bodes well for when I go back to work. I've tried each day this week to get up earlier than normal (and before M) in an attempt to shower before he wakes so we can go to the daycare earlier. Fail. Who knew it would be this hard?! I have NO clue how I'm going to get back into the habit of waking at 5:30am or even earlier now that I have to get M up & at 'em, fed and off to daycare and still make a late arrival at work around 7:30am.

Side note: As I type this (read: neglect my son), he is absolutely glued to Breakfast Television. What sort of monster have I created?!

Okay, despite good intentions, it's almost 8am and I still haven't left the house. We're up, dressed and ready to go so... off we go! Daycare transition day #3!

No comments:

Post a Comment