Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday!


My baby is one today! Sniffle, sniffle. I've been wandering around for the past day and spewing "this time last year" comments as the big day neared. I feel like Clair Huxtable with the way I keep saying "my baaaaaaby" in a wishful attempt to keep him small and in this fun stage forever.

It was a fantastic first year and one that makes me want to scream "we did it!" because although so rewarding, it was tough & challenging at times. There were a lot of sleepless nights and days filled with tears (both M & I!) as well as a lot of agonizing decisions. Who knew that things like solid foods, nap schedules & finding childcare could be so stressful!? But, we made it through and our little family is happy.

To Mister M: Thank you. You taught me so much about myself and you have made me a better person. I'm so lucky that you're mine! I'm also glad I never followed through on my (empty) threats to squish you or get in my car & never look back on those rough nights. You're definitely a keeper! I love you.

1 comment: