Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Green Thumb

I hate gardening. I actually detest it. I forced myself to make the most of the nice weather a few days this week and plug away at our front garden. Nothing crazy but just a little general tidying and weeding. I parked M in the stroller and chatted to him the entire time... mostly hateful garden statements peppered with choice language. Regardless, the front is pretty much done and ready for the Spring growing season. Luckily, our front garden is filled with various flowering shrubs and trees so very low maintenance.

When we moved in last April, our back garden (two reasonably sized planter boxes) had similar trees & shrubs but we neglected to take care of them and I ended up having to pull & toss most of them. I'm now at a total loss of what to do. I know NOTHING about gardening! I want pretty, variety and low maintenance.

Can anyone suggest a good website or book that will help us create something nice but oh-so-easy to maintain?

1 comment:

  1. check out this site:
    http://www.yougrowgirl.com/

    she has a few books. i got "grow great grub" out from the library, but it's a book i'd prefer to actually buy.

    check them out!
    erin

    ReplyDelete