Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Um... I'm Engaged?!

I think I'm still reeling from the unexpected shock & surprise of D's proposal last night. While out strolling with M, we pulled the stroller over so D could look for his wallet. Next thing you know, I've got the most gorgeous ring on my finger and answered D's "will you marry me?" with a yes!

D & I have obviously talked about marriage but to be honest, it wasn't a priority or necessity for me. I'm happy with our little family life and didn't feel we needed the ceremony and paper thing. It was one of those things I said I'd do if it was really important to D. I know that sounds negative and like I didn't want it to happen, which is not the case. It's not that I didn't want to get married but I didn't feel like we needed it. We're already complete. We've got a lovely little family in a lovely little home. We're lucky to have jobs we love and amazing families. Simply put, we're already very blessed.

So, we're engaged! We've started to talk about what we want & don't want and I think we're in the early stages of a great plan. At the end of the day, I want it to be about us, our family and the commitment we've already made to each other & our amazing son. All the other stuff is just icing on the already delicious cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment