Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Listography


I've always been envious of those who keep a journal or diary. It's something I've always wanted to do & tried to do but have never been successful. My best friend has kept a journal for years & years and it's an amazing collection of entries that document her life. I say that like I've read them, which I haven't, but I know her story and can imagine lots of the relationships, events & tidbits that must be in there.

I love the idea of documenting your life and having something to refer to or look back on someday. It's something you can pass on to your child and have them gain a little insight into who you were before you became their mother. The closest I've ever come to doing anything that tracks my life is through bookmarks. I keep every book I ever read and inside each is whatever item I happened to use as a bookmark. I can pick up any book and be transported back to a particular time via receipt, note, recipe, etc.

Until now...

I got the best book EVER from my friend E et al for my birthday. It's called "Listography" and essentially, it's your life in lists. The premise is creating your own autobiography through list making (which I'm excellent at, I might add) and it tracks everything from experiences to favourites. It's a quick & easy snapshot of my life. From funny (drunken moments, favourite TV stars, toys from your childhood) to serious (biggest regrets, closest friends, best days of your lives), this book is an amazing way to keep track of your past & current! It's like a baby book for adults. Love it!

This was a fantastic gift idea and one that I'll be stealing for other friends! Thanks E & family!


1 comment:

  1. yay! glad i could be of service. it's something i would've gotten for myself, and thought you would like it too!

    ReplyDelete