Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Monday, June 7, 2010

5km! Woohoo!

Inspired by my best friend, I challenged myself to a 5km run tonight. I thought about it all day and was mentally psyched to get out there and do it. I was committed and engaged!

And I did it!

In fact, I ran 5.25km in 35 minutes. My mantra was 'slow & steady wins the race' and I wasn't out there for time. I was out there for distance. Regardless, 7 minutes per km isn't bad and is a great starting point. I had to encourage myself along with lots of "you can do it" when I felt like I was faltering a bit and reminded myself of "skinny, skinny, skinny" when I needed to keep the pace.

I am thrilled! It was my first time running 5km since the spring or summer before we found out I was expecting (summer of 2008) so it's been a long time coming. I feel great and I'm pumped to keep it up!

Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment