Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hitting the Bottle! Or Hiding...

M is 14 and a half months old now and still enjoying 3 bottles a day. I have no clue if this is normal or if he should be off the bottle by now. Is he too old to still be having that many bottles a day? Or even any bottle? I have visions of him toddling off to 1st grade with a bottle in hand and that makes me feel like we've got to act on this. I have this irrational fear that he's not going to get enough calcium if I stop the bottles and make the switch to sippy cups for milk despite eating enough cheese & yogurt daily to feed his entire daycare class. I know, I know... stop over thinking this one!

He typically has a bottle mid-morning, mid-afternoon and one bottle of formula before bed. Yes, I know... I still have him on one bottle of formula a day. It somehow makes me feel better with all the germs floating around daycare. Lately, he's back to his old tricks of falling asleep during his very last bottle so I know we aren't ready to cut that one just yet.

I've tried offering milk in sippy cups but he just isn't that interested. He'll happily drink his water from a sippy but one taste of milk and he pretty much tosses it aside in disgust. I've already gone through 3 different sippy cups today in an attempt to make the switch. He wasn't into the squishy spout, the hard spout or the straw. What gives?!

Anyone got any great advice that I should be following? Cold turkey? What about our bedtime routine that we worked so hard to establish many moons ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment