Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Made to Measure


I weighed myself this morning. Obviously. Duh. And... I'd gained. I was 139.4lbs so I clearly enjoyed myself this weekend. Anyway, nothing much I can do except push ahead and continue with the water, diet and exercise thing.

I mapped myself a 6km route tonight and decided to push myself as I went. Instead of cutting down this street, I went down that street and added extra bits of distance here and there. I ended up running a whopping 7.5km! I'm so pleased with myself!

Seeing as I know I'm losing pudge (the back fat is disappearing) despite the numbers, I decided to take my measurements tonight. Thanks to D's help, here they are:

Bust: 36"
Chest: 32"
Waist: 33 1/2"
Hips: 38 1/2"
Thighs: 22 1/2"
Upper Arm: 11 1/2"

Seriously?! I really am built like a pop can. A lovely (ahem) woman once told me I had the shape of a pop can. A barrel, if you will. I have next to no natural waist and I'm top heavy. Thank God for my chicken legs and tiny head or I'm sure I'd look like a massive blob.

I'm not going to become a slave to the tape because let's face it, I'm swamped as it is between real life and my scale BUT I do think it will be interesting to check in on these measurements now and then. The only ones I really care about are my waist, hips and upper arms. I can deal with the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment