Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Going Green in 2010

Okay, last post of the evening! Promise.

There's a great blog I follow by a SAHM who is attempting to "green" her family's life in 2010 by accepting a new challenge daily. I will admit to not always being the most green person but I often think of her tips and try to incorporate them into my life. I almost always think of her on recycling day because we have a pretty huge bin but I feel like I'm always cramming it full and adding separate bags at the curb.

Fast forward to last Sunday when I was moving all my products to the downstairs bathroom in preparation of starting work. I almost always use body wash but have lots of fancy soaps received as gifts hanging around the bathroom. I've decided that from now on, I'm going to use soap instead of packaged body wash. Almost all of the soaps I have are all natural and made by people we know, which is a nice bonus. It's not much but it's one less container to purchase that ultimately ends up in the recycling bin.

Check out Nicole's blog because I'm sure you'll find some inspiring ideas: http://greenin2010.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

  1. less nasty chemicals in bar soap too... and cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you are too kind! That's so nice of you to do a write up on my blog- thanks :)

    ReplyDelete