Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

We Survived!

We successfully navigated my first week back at work but we had a few hiccups along the way.

Firstly, it's good to be back at work. The first day was a little weird but by day 2, it felt like I'd never left. The week sailed by and when I put my feet on the floor on Friday morning, I had that 'TGIF' feeling as if it had never left.

But... M has the sickness. The sickness? Yes, the sickness. That disgusting viral bug from daycare that he just can't seem to shake. The poor guy has been feverish and suffered from all the nasty stuff like vomiting and diarrhea. We had to keep him home for the latter half of the week and ended up at Sick Kids for the 2nd time in 10 days on Friday afternoon.

*Insert mini rant here: D's mom was looking after M on Friday and he simply wasn't himself. He was lethargic and not eating or drinking. I ended up having to leave work early to take him to the hospital. Now, I normally wouldn't use hospital resources but was left with no choice when our doctor's office was open but NOT answering the phone on Friday. WTF?! I don't get it. I did try to find a walk-in clinic but didn't have much luck in our area. There are only so many times you can call your son's name when driving aimlessly because the addresses you have seem to be MIA and get NO response before you sh!t bricks and head to the hospital.

Anyway, M is feeling much better though still suffering from some tummy upset. Let's hope it's back to business tomorrow or we'll be scrambling again on Monday morning.

So, it was a decent week all in all. Let's hope it continues!

1 comment:

  1. I was in a baby store today and overheard a mom say " yah... double ear infection. Damn daycare" This obviously made me think of you.

    Hey... I'm getting pretty good at typing with one hand!

    xo

    c

    ReplyDelete