Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Obsessed

I'm currently obsessed with developing the ultimate cleaning schedule. Weird, I know BUT in my defense, we started my first week back at work with a clean house and it felt great all week. Granted, M & I weren't there to mess it up on a daily basis but we were at least in control of clutter.

I tracked my cleaning habits all week and came up with a mock schedule of tasks to be completed daily, weekly or as needed. I'm hoping to post this on the fridge in an attempt to be held accountable to my chores so I don't feel like I'm losing hours each weekend to keeping house. Hell, a working woman should still be able to enjoy a clean house and a life, no?!

Sunday - Vacuum upstairs & main floor; wash all floors and tidy living/dining.
Monday - Clean basement bathroom & laundry area.
Tuesday - Vacuum main floor.
Wednesday - Off! Relax with a bottle of a wine.
Thursday - Vacuum & wash main floor and tidy living/dining.
Friday - Vacuum upstairs and clean upstairs bathroom.
Saturday - Vacuum stairs from top to main as well as basement.

Daily Tasks:
  • Clean kitchen (dishes, counters, highchair, bottles, etc.).
  • Tidy M's toys (both main area & bedroom).
As Needed:
  • Laundry (washed, folded & put away as needed).
  • Take out garbage & recycling as needed.
I'm REALLY hoping to stick with this rough schedule. It's a nice feeling to come home from work and not be immediately confronted by a messy living room. I know that we aren't the most fastidious cleaners and let's face it, we both hoard crap BUT I think we can manage to live a relatively organized life. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment