Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Live by the List!

I love lists. Lists are the only way I stay on top of things and they give me such a sense of accomplishment. I feel so satisfied when I'm able to cross things I've done or bought off my lists!

I make lists telling me what I need to do each day, what needs to be cleaned and what I need from the grocery store. I live by a list at work, too. I keep an excellent record of what I need to do, things I've done, people I've spoken to or need to call and in general, I'm organized there.

I have a running list of things I want for myself or the house that I would consider non-essential items. Yesterday, D & I created our master wish list for the backyard and it's something we'll plug away at throughout the summer. It'll remind us of what we want and allow us to spread out the purchases.

Since going back to work, I've been slacking in the list department. Case in point? I went to the grocery store on Friday for homo milk for Max and a few veggies for the cottage. I went in repeating "milk, veggies & dip, hummus" over and over again. I came out with everything but the milk. We went grocery shopping yesterday and once again, no list. I forgot all of the basic essentials. I should have had a list!

My May resolution is to get back into the list thing. It's the only way for me to stay on top of things and keep within a budget. So, notebook at the ready and pen in hand... off to list I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment