Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Worst Procrastinator EVER!

Epic fail. Seriously.

Firstly, despite JUST blogging that I was about to get a few things accomplished, I'm back on my computer updating my progress on my February goals. In my defense, I did tell Dave that we'd work on the guest room together tonight but he's out grabbing dinner & a movie. I did go up there and shuffle a box or two but realized we need to start with the crawl space in the basement before we can do that room. It's a vicious cycle!

Anyway, here's my update:

1. Finish the hall closet renovation. STILL not done. Working on it but hit a few bumps that require a handyman.

2. Purge, organize & clean the guest room and start making it actually look like a guest room. Work in progress. Managed to get rid of some stuff and do a bit of organizing BUT the shelves we bought to push this along don't work in this room. Of course, we figured this out after we'd assembled them and thrown out the boxes. We're now trying to sell them on craigslist & kijiji in the hopes that we can recoup our costs and purchase something a bit more suitable.

3. Maintain current weight (135lbs) and maybe even drop another lb or two. I completely blew my diet this month and basically did NOTHING. For someone who was so thrilled with her progress and stoked to keep it up, I somehow fell off the wagon HARD. Weight as of February 28th? Check back tomorrow...

4. Bring M's baby book up-to-date. We're horrible parents. 'Nuff said.

5. Spend more time with Cear by giving her a good walk each evening. Okay, I wouldn't say I totally failed this one but I'll have to give myself a C-.

6. Get out for a run with M in the jogging stroller at least 2x a week. See #3.

7. Find a nanny or caregiver for M for when I go back to work. We're still working on this one BUT I think we are damn close to having it sorted out! Should know for sure within a week or two. Sad & stressful but it's life.

8. Finalize my start date back at work for April. Finally! I DID this!!! I actually completed a February goal!!! I start back on April 26th. After a mix up and a bunch of corporate BS, which means less EI, I am starting back 2 weeks after M's 1st birthday.

9. Renew my Canadian passport, order M's Canadian passport AND replace my lost British passport. I get a B+ for this one. I renewed my Canadian passport and ordered M's passport and have them both in my hot little hands! I have the paperwork for my British as well as the police report number (blame Cear) but I just need to sit down and fill everything out.

10. Finalize the date & theme for M's 1st birthday party and start working on invites. Ugh. Okay, we had a date all sorted out until we realized that his birthday doesn't actually fall on Easter weekend this year. So, that means our quasi-Easter/farm theme might need to be fudged a little. We bought the stuff to start making the invites but haven't done a thing (no surprise there).

Now, to quote myself back at the end of January:

Of course, there is a bit of carry over from January like the hall closet renovation as well as avoiding alcohol during the week. FAIL. I'm slowly trying to get back into working mode by cutting out alcohol during the week, getting to bed earlier and waking at a decent time, which is rather easy with a baby who currently likes to get up around 6am. FAIL.

*Well, I do get up early but the other things just aren't happening.

You'll have to excuse any errors because I don't even think I can proofread this post for fear of truly realizing how little I actually did this month. Gah!

Once again, lots of carry over for March. I'm going to give myself a day or two to see what else, if anything, I want to add to this list. Clearly, putting goals on paper (or online) doesn't seem to be the push I need to get them done!

1 comment:

  1. email me the info/deets on the shelves. we may need em!

    we all hit roadblocks once in a while! don't sweat the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete