Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making Progress!

We are finally making progress with some stuff around the house though so that's encouraging. I managed to get two coats of paint done in the hall closet and we have a handyman tentatively booked for Friday to do so minor patching & trim work in there before we can put up the shelves, which have already been purchased and are ready to go.

We also bought some bookcases for our guest room and assembled them last night. Of course, we're having buyer's remorse and thinking we made the wrong choice in terms of suitable storage for M if/when he moves into that room. We have immediate needs for storage to help get that room guest-friendly but thinking long term, we would likely move M into that room if and when we have a 2nd child. I know, I know... planning way ahead but I just want to exercise some practical thinking.

Our downstairs bathroom renovation was FINALLY supposed to be underway today but it seems the tile installer is MIA. D is currently tracking him down!

The cabinetmaker is also coming tomorrow afternoon to do a final site audit in our kitchen. We've decided to add two levels of upper & lower cabinets totaling 8' high with open shelving at the end on the wall opposite our kitchen. This will give us SO much storage and I'll finally be able to bring box after box of my cooking & baking stuff back from my parent's basement, where it has sat neglected since we moved here in April 2009.

Lots of changes going on here and I'm hoping we'll have everything done by the time I head back to work. I have this overwhelming feeling of being unorganized and it's driving me nuts! I'm trying to simplify our lives and give everything a "home" in our house.


No comments:

Post a Comment