Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Cleanse: Day 12

And it's over... well, in some +/- 18 hours it will be over. Would I do it again? Absolutely. I've felt better than I have in a long time and I think this was a quick & relatively painless way to back back to healthy ways. I'm motivated to drink more water, eat better and in general, eat fresher.

I did the Wild Rose 12 Day Detox Cleanse. There are 4 different supplements you take while following a rather loose meal plan. The meal plan is comprised of 3 different categories of food, which are further broken down into encouraged, acceptable & to be avoided. It's easy to work with for grazing and incredibly easy to put actual meals together.

Laxaherb. Just warning you, one of the supplements is called Laxaherb. Interpret that as you see fit!

At the end of the 12 days, I lost 5.2lbs. I am down to 130lbs but more importantly, I feel awesome. The bloated feelings are gone and I feel less sluggish & tired. I'm sleeping better than I have in ages (which I still attribute to giving up caffeine) and I actually wake feeling rested & alert, a feeling typically hard to come by when the alarm goes off at 5:20am.

The cleanse is only supposed to be done once or twice a year. I will do it again in 6 months but I'm really hoping (and I feel quite motivated) to keep it up. I know there are some things I will need to add back into my diet but I will do so in moderation. I cannot live a life without cheese and I know it's not realistic to never eat carbs again. But, salad has appeared at every meal lately and that is a good thing. We're flying through apples each week and in general, just eating better.

Did I mention I'm down to 130lbs?!

No comments:

Post a Comment