Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Monday, May 23, 2011

And It's Over...

The 3-day weekend is over and it's back to reality tomorrow. Actually, back to reality tonight because minimal workday morning craziness is all down to evening preparation. This is the first May long weekend in years that we've spent at home but it was worth it.

First, I survived days 6, 7 & 8 on the cleanse. I made a quinoa salad this afternoon and the feta called to me but I successfully fought the urge. I did a teeny tiny cheat on Saturday when my salad at the restaurant came with a delicious maple-vidalia vinaigrette and I didn't balk but rather inhaled. I also ate my weight in roasted unsalted almonds but those are allowed! I can safely say that I am loving this cleanse now. I feel amazing and it's so worth it. I'm used to the little side effects (more on that as well as the name when it's over) and the day-to-day is simple.

Second, I ran! The lousy weather & the cleanse (due to said side effect) meant I've been sitting idle for about 10 days but I forced myself out this afternoon for a 5km loop. Dropping a lb here or there is great but at the end of the day, I actually have to do something to lose the pudge. And really, I can hardly use the "I just had a baby" excuse anymore when my 2+ year old is standing beside me.

Third, I tackled my 'to do' list and got a lot accomplished:
  • Trip to the St. Lawrence Market to pick up meat, fruit & veggies for the week. Done!
  • Weed front garden. Done!
  • Sweep & tidy the front porch. Done!
  • Finish tidying the backyard & gardens and get the patio furniture set up. Done!
  • Make a trip to Value Village to drop off clothes & household items no longer needed. Done!
  • Finalize the pattern of the photos of M in our upstairs hallway. Done!
  • Continue working on purging/tidying the spare bedroom (read: dumping ground). It isn't complete but I made definite progress. Deadline is our trip to NYC in late June.
  • Hang the Gary Taxali print ANYWHERE just to get it off our bedroom floor. Didn't happen.
  • Bake a batch of muffins and do a bit of advance preparation for next week. Done!
  • Finalize my menu for Friday breakfast at work. Done!
All in all, it was a great & productive weekend. We spent so much time outdoors with lots of trips to the park & playing out in the backyard. We visited with the grandparents and had D's dad over for dinner last night. We wandered the nursery today and picked up a new hydrangea plant (to replace sad & dead rhododendron lost by my black thumb) and a few other garden essentials. Tomorrow's dinner is already prepared and lunches are packed.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment