Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Could This Be True?!

Did I actually lose 6.6lbs since starting my personal challenge? YES!

I weighed in this morning and I was down to 138.2lbs from 144.8lbs back on January 3rd. I am thrilled! I'm not feeling or seeing the difference yet but this is the push I need to keep at it.

I've been loosely following the Special K Challenge, which means breakfast & lunch are bowls of Special K. I add fruit to those meals and more often than not, I substitute a healthy lunch for one of the bowls of cereal. The key is actually having 3 meals a day, which for me is a huge thing. I've always been a bad 'all or nothing' eater where I eat one huge meal and then snack during the evening instead of spacing out my meals and grazing on healthy stuff throughout the day. Instead of the Special K snacks, I've been having more fruit or vegetables like celery & carrots with hummus. We typically eat healthy dinners as it is but I'm not being too strict with that meal.

I've used my Wii every day except for Sundays, which I'm treating as a day off. I'm still going for walks during the day and I managed to get out for one 3.5km run this past weekend. Not much but it's a start and I'm now hoping to get out at least twice a week this winter.

I haven't had a drop of wine during the week but have still indulged in a glass or two (or few) on the weekends. We haven't eaten out at all lately so I'm certain the meal planning has helped, too. I splurged yesterday and was able to satisfy my cravings for sweet treats. I've increased my water intake and cut out evening snacking. So far, so good!

My original goal was to lose a few pounds by the end of the month so I've already made that happen. My birthday is on January 31st and I would love to see 135lbs on the scale that day.

Yay ME!


2 comments: