Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hate. Cleaning.

I love a clean house but I hate cleaning. I especially hate how I never feel driven or inspired to clean until the evening... the late evening. It's almost 11pm and I'm flipping between vacuuming and mopping (well, steam cleaning) the floors.

Ugh.

I can't really be bothered doing this sort of stuff during the day and there is always that little part of me that's petrified it will wake M during a nap. Now that he's almost mobile (backwards only so far), I'm going to have to be cleaning these floors a lot more often. Between a constantly shedding dog, wet paw prints and human foot traffic dirtying the dark wood floors, I feel like they're never clean.

I also always seem to need an incentive to clean. It's my birthday this weekend so my parents will be babysitting M while we're out. While I know they're fully aware of the filthy state I have been known to live in, I need the place to be clean. We'll also likely be coming back to our house with friends after dinner out so the place needs to be in good shape. So, I'm spending my Thursday night (when I should be watching Grey's Anatomy) cleaning & tidying.

I just hope we can keep it that clean for 2 more sleeps.

PS - Cleaning burns calories, right? Tomorrow is my last weigh-in of the month. I've done next to nothing during the past 2 weeks yet I've eaten relatively well so we'll see... Double ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment