Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mama Bear

I had one of those moments last night as I got into bed after checking on M for the last time where I wondered when or how old he'll be when I don't *have* to look on him before I go to bed for the night. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love peeking in on him as he sleeps but I wondered if there is ever going to be a time when I don't. I then remembered how my dad always poked his head in my room before he went to bed for the night. Even when I was in my 20s (er, 30s) and staying at their house, he NEVER failed to peek in and say goodnight.

That's one of those things your parents do that you take for granted but love. I'd certainly notice if my dad didn't do that if I was sleeping at their house. It's also one of those things I know I'll always do for M. I don't know... it's like parenting comes full circle.

I just hope I can keep my little guy in footed pajamas until he's 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment