Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

City Survivor

Toronto Life is one of my favourite magazines and I love the monthly feature known as "The List" where a Canadian celebrity or well-known persona details the ten things he or she cannot live without.

Although I'm certainly not famous or well-known, here are ten things I can't live without (in no particular order):

1. Coffee

I love a good (but always nonfat) latte. We recently discovered a new coffee shop in our 'hood that makes great lattes and sells these fantastic salted chocolate chip cookies.

2. Alice Munro

I was a latecomer to the world of Alice Munro and wasn't introduced to her until university. She is my absolute favourite writer and I can honestly say that reading Lives of Girls and Women was a pivotal moment in my life.

3. Uggs

Yes, Uggs are ugly but they are damn comfortable. They're like a squishy heaven for my feet.

4. MINI

I love my MINI and I'll be sad to see her go in March. This was the most fun car I've ever owned and if I didn't need to consider a baby, I would be getting another one.

5. Secrets From Your Sister

Fabulous bra fitting boutique on Bloor Street (just west of Bathurst) that offers personalized service and great product. This is the only place I'll shop for bras.

6. BlackBerry

My BlackBerry is my lifeline. I use BlackBerry Messenger to stay connected to D throughout the day as well other friends & co-workers. I still get work related calls now and again so it's nice to stay involved. I take pictures of M almost daily using this phone and can quickly send them on to family.

7. Lip Balm

For as long as I can remember, I have been a lip balm addict. It morphed from a teenage love of Lip Smacker flavoured gloss to keeping staples like Blistex around. I cannot go to bed without putting lip balm on and can almost panic if I don't have any with me when out & about.

8. Kitchen-Aid Professional Stand Mixer

Though I don't use it that often anymore, I could never let go of my pink Kitchen-Aid mixer. It is a kitchen essential.

9. Perez Hilton

I can't even begin to admit how frequently I hit this website during the day. It's actually rather sickening. I'm obsessed with celebrity gossip and Perez is my first & favourite source. Man, that's pathetic.

10. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Serum

This is another product that I have used for years and years. I apply it religiously after every shower when my hair is still wet. Love this stuff and it's the only thing I've ever consistently used on my curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment