Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crap.


Clearly, I'm not quite getting this whole budget & meal planning thing. I stocked up on only the items need for this week as well as a handful of essentials like laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, Liquid Plumber (damn post-pregnancy hair loss), etc. I was hoping to be below $100 but alas, I was not.

Total cost of groceries for this week? $133.30.

Sigh. Like D said, this is really our first few weeks doing this so I've got some time to practice and learn.

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought about making your own laundry soap? Much cheaper! Walmart Superstore tends to be cheaper as well compared to your traditional grocery stores.

    We also only buy meat on sale and then freeze the extras. It took a couple of weeks, but now I have a fully stocked freezer and only buy meat if it is 50% or more off.

    ReplyDelete