Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Few Things...

Despite being so gung ho yesterday, I'm losing motivation because the Wii is B-O-R-I-N-G. Sigh.

I'm happy to say that I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and went to the parent drop-in centre at M's future school to meet other parents & caregivers as well as give M some much needed socialization with other little ones. I was so glad I went and walked out with one of those 'wish I'd done it sooner' feelings. M had a great time and really enjoyed all the chatter & singing. I'm going to make a point of going a few times a week. It's great for him, breaks up my day and I'm hoping it will help us find a great caregiver for M when I go back to work in April. I also signed M & I up for a baby story & sing class at the local library that starts at the end of this month. With any luck, all of this will help M be more comfortable in the company of others and perhaps not freak out when I leave the room.

Lastly, the pork scaloppini wasn't anything special. I can post the recipe for anyone who wants it but I think I'd only make it again with some tweaking (eliminate the sage OR incorporate a lesser amount into the glaze and perhaps add some cream to the glaze to make it a bit more rich & flavourful). I'll admit that I was in a rush to make it because D had to go out after dinner but I don't think that had much of an impact. Put it this way, we were both hungry a few hours later and the leftovers were plentiful.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment