Random musings & rants of a girl who is attempting to do and have it all while raising her little person.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meal Plan for Week of January 24th

We didn't end up having beef stew last week so that's on the plate for sometime this week. I tend to mix up the order of the meals according to time & taste so I haven't stuck to a plan yet. Here's what's on the plate for this week:

Sunday: Rigatoni with Homemade Meat Sauce

Monday: Classic but Quick Beef Stew

Tuesday: Alsatian Onion Tart with Arugula Salad

Wednesday: Chicken Saute with Snow Peas & Teriyaki Pan Sauce on Rice

Thursday: Homemade Italian Sausage, Proscuitto & Roasted Red Pepper Pizza with Arugula Salad

Friday: Maple-Glazed Pork Back Ribs with Mashed Potatoes & Zucchini

Saturday: Whatever I fancy because it's my birthday and we'll be out on the town!

Also, I've discovered that we are a $130/week grocery bill family. I went again with list in hand and spent just under $130. I'm okay with this number but working on some changes. I will shop at a more economical store next week and see how it differs. I'd also like to add in a second vegetarian meal each week to cut down on meat costs.

Stay tuned for recipe reviews! Once again, there's a few first timers on the list this week.

2 comments:

  1. Your meal plans always sound so fancy and appetizing! I look at mine and think to myself, "Yeah, I don't want to eat any of this"... I feel like I'm stuck in a rut, making the same boring things over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find a soup/sandwich night (or two) always brings the weekly cost down a tad... but I did find that when I would do a recipe search for the week I would find so many things I wanted to try. I would end up spending more on all the exciting ingredients.

    ReplyDelete